Berikut ini adalah contoh soal pilihan ganda cause and effect beserta jawabannya untuk siswa kelas 11 semester 2.
1. I love living in Australia …. the weather.
d. because of
2. The increase in the number of cans on the road has resulted …. more and more traffic jams.
3. “He got to work really, really late “Cos he missed his train”. Which cause and effect word is ‘Cos short for?
a. due to
4. Keith lost his job due …. cutbacks in the department.
5. The increase in tropical storms in recent year has been …. global warming.
a. put up with
b. put down to
c. set down to
d. put to
Long Drought 2011
Drought during 2011 has caused many problems. First, the people lack of clean water to either take a bath, wash clothes of drink. Consequently, the government has to spend more expenditure in social welfare. Second, many breeders do not find grass for their cattle, sheep and goats. As result, their animals get thinner day after day due to lack of enough food.
Third, many farmers who depend on rainfall can’t cultivates their land. Consequently, they do not get regular income from agribusiness. This also causes the farmer labors of losing their jobs. Therefore, poverty rate gets increased this year. Finally, the drought has a great impact on the water reservoir: dams, lake, Canal. Their water levels go down of even totally dry. All of those conditions are clearly due to mono cause that is long drought in our country.
6. What is the first problem posed by the long drought in 2011?
Answer: The people lack of clean water to either take a bath, wash clothes or drink.
7. What is the consequent of the scarcity of clean water?
Answer: The government has to spend more expenditure in social welfare.
8. Why do animals get thinners?
Answer: Lack of enough food.
9. How can the drought impact the water reservoir?
Answer: Their water level go down or ever totally dry.
10. When did the long drought occur?
Answer: in 2011.
11. …. being very rich, he never shows off.
a. Other than
12. I am not feeling well, …. I will come to the party.
13. …. I had my lunch, I didn’t miss Pizza.
14. She never helps anyone …. having a lot of money.
c. inspite of
15. You shouldn’t go out … it’s raining heavily.
16. I will follow you …. You go.
17. …. I was walking on the street, the accident happened.
18. I can’t go further …. the street congestion.
b. because of
19. Rita still got the bad mark…. she learns hard.
20. The electricity will be cut down …. Jaka pays his bill.
21. She has decided to move to Portland …. there are more opportunities for employment in that city.
d. as long as
22. You can borrow my car …. you agree to be very careful with it.
e. as long as
23. They’ll have a good com harvest this year …. It rains a lot and prevents them from harvesting their crops.
24. Our neighbor is going to buy a gun …. she can protect herself from intruders who break into her apartment.
a. so that
b. due to
25. …. he can save a lot of money by taking the bus, Russ still drivers his car into the city every day.
c. So that
26. Dessert are harsh and dry …. many plants grow there.
27. Pat looked at the antique rocker, …. she couldn’t afford to buy it.
28. Constance might go to the library, …. she might stay home.
29. Sue jogs every day, …. she wants to stay in shape.
30. His shoes are worn, …. he has no socks.
31. My mother…. I went to the market for shopping.
32. Thomas was not telling the truth …. he was shouting at me.
d. in order to
33. Please come on time, …. We may miss the flight.
34. We should avoid oily food …. be healthy.
b. in order to
35. I will give you my car…. you come back before 5’o clock.
a. as long as